Remote car starters are like remote controls for TVs and indoor plumbing!!
Derand has 5 models to choose from. Everything from the simple convenience of starting your vehicle from inside your home or work to warm it up or cool it down, to a "Two-Way" LCD remote monitored security protection of your vehicle. There's also a feature that you can call your car with no distance limitation... with Telestart. Cool eh??
All Derand Remote Car Starters have the same high quality operation and performance. They vary only in additional features and operating range. For automatic and manual transmissions, fuel injection and diesel vehicles only. Derand also supplies everything you need to install these Remote Car Starters, including the interface module to enable the vehicle to start and run during the remote starting operation without a key in the ignition even if you already have an aftermarket security system.
Here's how Remote Car Starters work:
Derand Remote Car Starter Systems also have a "Timer Mode" so if you live in cold country and your vehicle is parked outside, you can set the timer to automatically start your vehicle every three hours and warm it up, so it doesn't "freeze up" overnight and refuse to start in the morning. This sure beats going outside at 2:00 AM to start your vehicle and warm it up! Some models have more than one setting. One model has a daytimer for 20 minutes run time once only.
- You activate the Derand Remote Car Starter with your remote.
- The parking lights flash once to let you know that it received the signal.
- The Derand Control Module verifies that the vehicle is in park (neutral safety switch). If not, it doesn't start.
- The Derand Control Module supplies power to your ignition (just like turning it on with a key).
- Then the Module supplies power to your starter for up to 6 seconds to start your engine.
- The Module monitors your engine tachometer, knows when your engine starts, and releases the starter so it doesn't grind the starter. In fact, it's probably easier on your starter than us humans.
- Then the Module turns on your heater or A/C. In the winter, leave your defroster on so it clears the frost off your windshield. No more scrapping windshields! In the summer, leave your A/C on. No more hopping into a hot car waiting for the A/C to begin working!
- The Module keeps your vehicle running for a predetermined time and then shuts the engine off automatically if you get busy and don't come out to drive your vehicle.
- To drive away, you unlock the doors, get in, put the key in the ignition, turn the key on, put the vehicle in gear and drive away. The same as you always do! Nothing different!
And did you ever pull up to a store or at a friend's house and leave your vehicle running with the key in the ignition "for just a minute" while you made a quick stop? That's a good way to have your vehicle stolen! With a Derand System, you can pull up, activate the Remote Car Starter, remove the key for safety, lock your doors and the engine keeps running without the key in the ignition.
The only problem we have found with Derand Remote Car Starters is that once you have one, you won't be able to live without it! Remote Starters are very addictive.
So it's just as safe to have your vehicle warming-up in front of your house, or outside work, or at the mall with a Derand Remote Car Starter, as it would be if it were just parked there! What's not safe is to have your key in the ignition warming up your vehicle while you're in the house. Anyone could just get in and drive it away. And it is illegal in many provinces / states, to have an unoccupied vehicle running with the key in the ignition. And try to explain that theft to your insurance company, why you left the keys in it running!!
- Enjoy the convenience of not having to scrape frost off your windows in the winter! No more FREEZING while waiting for your vehicle to warm up.
- And no more SIZZLING when hopping into a hot car and waiting for the A/C to work in the summer!
- Derand Remote Car Starters are designed to start and warm-up your vehicle (or cool-it-down) in almost exactly the same way you start your vehicle with a key.
- Derand Remote Car Starter Module is connected to your ignition, your starter, your engine tachometer, your neutral safety switch, your parking lights, your heater and your A/C systems.
- You can start (and stop) your engine with the remote transmitter like the one shown on this site.
- You can also lock and unlock your doors if you vehicle is equipped with factory power door locks; if not, we can add locks to your vehicle.
- So it's like having "keyless entry" on your vehicle, but you can also remotely start it.
- And no one can drive away with your vehicle when it's warming up with the Derand Remote Car Starter.
- First, there is no key in the ignition, so it cannot be shifted out of neutral into drive.
- Second, the doors remain locked.
- Third, if someone does enter your vehicle, touching the brake pedal (without putting a key in the ignition first) shuts off the engine.
- Fourth, if your vehicle is equipped with a factory anti-theft system (so that it cannot be started without your specific matching key), the Derand Systems do not compromise your factory anti-theft protection, it remains active.
So for convenience and safety, warm-up your vehicle with a Derand Remote Car Starter, not with your key left in the ignition.